we want to help 1 million women both locally and globally by 2020
We were three sisters with a passion and love for women. On April 13th, 2013, we launched soHza sister: a social enterprise dedicated to helping women both locally and globally.
Our business is focused in two ways:
A Magazine for Women: Our magazine is full of powerful stories featuring women as change-makers. It connects women—story to story—cause to cause.
An Online Jewelry Store: We also have an online store that sells jewelry made by women survivors from developing countries. We carefully select artisan groups that train, employ, and empower women, lifting them and their families out of poverty. These artisans flourish as independent businesswomen and drive sustainable development in their communities.
In addition, we impact women locally by giving 15% from all jewelry sales to local nonprofits for women. In each market, we look for nonprofits that help economic development for women, domestic violence prevention, current day trafficking, health and wellness, and leadership for young girls.
Join our movement— become a soHza sister. Read our magazine, connect with the women, and share their stories.
Go to sohza.com and buy our amazing jewelry.
You, too, can help women—both here and there.
We are building long term partners with these artisan groups.
Today we work with over 22 co-ops in 11 different countries helping over 2000 women.
Here are some of their stories:
We have 10 non profit partners here in Cincinnati and Columbus including Girls on the Run Cincinnati/Columbus, Women Helping Women, Pink Ribbon Girls, Women of Excellence, YWCA Cincinnati/Columbus, the Women’s Fund, Freedom a la Cart, and Dress for Success.
Our magazine is published twice a year, in the Spring and Fall. Each issue, our local non-profit partners nominate a soHza sister, an amazing woman who does little things that make a big difference. We also share stories from some of our artisans around the world.
our vision is to create a better world by helping women.
- 2 year goal = $100,000 of sales to local non-profits 10%
- 5 year goal = $1,000,000 of sales to global artisan survivors 18%
- a woman’s potential is limitless
- women have a common bond no matter where they are from
- strength can grow from creative expression
- women like to help other women
- an accumulation of little acts can make a big difference
- to empower women to share their stories
- to connect cause to commerce
- to impact thousands of women both locally and globally
- to create a movement that empowers women to be at the center of change